Friday, March 21, 2008

Blogs that caught my eye

I was surfing the interwebz (as my brother insists on calling the internet, for reasons unknown to me) last night and I somehow came across a bevy of South African blogs. Some interesting, some not so much. Here are some of the blogs that caught my eye yesterday or in the past:

  • Communist University - Maybe it sounds a bit sinister, but this guy always has an interesting take on current events with lots of great references. Its well worth reading, if only for a different perspective on things.
  • Reggie - Self-described as "a Piece of my mind on public issues, post-colonial faith, reconciliation and anti-racism, but in general, my take on what happens around me." I don't know what post-colonial faith is, but it sounds interesting.
  • I write what I like - Clearly this guy is a Steve Biko fan.
  • thinking aloud - Pitso's "wide spectrum of thoughts... from South African politics, current affairs, religious debates and many other topics..." Looks like a great blog.
  • Musings - I love this visible policing pic :) And look at that, a post about my arch nemesis home affairs. Good one dude.

Maybe I'll add to the list when I find more interesting ones. I was browsing the South African blogs on Amatomu but I really didn't find much interesting stuff at all. Something I like about the blogs above is that they all have something to say about current affairs... and its always good to hear different people's takes on the goings on of the world, and the goings on in South Africa in particular.

Perhaps I should let it inspire me to write more thoughts on current events...

No comments: