
The trippiness occurred later in the day when I went to the TimesLive website, and saw and article entitled DA Eastern Cape backs Mazibuko:

At first I thought perhaps the TimesLive article had more recent information, but looking at it, it doesn't. It just quotes the single EC DA MP that supports Mazibuko and presents it as if the EC supports Mazibuko... ???
The conspiracy theorist in me says "media bias!!" or would maybe insinuate that Mazibuko is favoured by the press, or perhaps just that the press likes drama and DA support for Mazibuko in Trollip's home province (the EC) is drama.
But the TimesLive article is from sapa, so I suppose this may be more indicative of people not checking things properly before publishing them. More a problem of time pressure than bias, perhaps. Especially for online news.
Either way, it is certainly another reason not to believe everything you read :)
And I've long said the DD is a great paper, kudos to them.
I emailed the TimesLive people to point the problem with their article out, no response though.



No comments:
Post a Comment