I haven't blogged for a while so this will just be a random Aquilogy style list of my thoughts:
* I am becoming more and more pro mob justice by the day. A guy I know was shot a couple of weeks ago for his CELL PHONE. For his cell phone!!! And the guy who shot him is from a family of thugs who have been in and out of jail, killed people, raped people. The justice system is just useless. Apparently when some ladies went to speak to the police about getting this guy, they said their hands were pretty much tied. And the community should do what they need to do. Gah.
You know, he wasn't a guy I knew well but I really admired him. It makes me sad, then angry, then sad all over again. Then angrier.
* Whats going on with all of these service delivery strikes? Someone care to enlighten me?
Are people burning things down because of sewage system etc issues? Problems with their municipalities not delivering? Or is it anger at seeing corruption in local government? The failing justice system? Crime? Lack of opportunities? Joblessness? Is it opportunistic agitating prior to local elections next year? Is it criminal, or instigated by criminal elements? Is it people at their wits end after grappling with useless local government for so long and just getting nowhere? Or is it people who have become more and more angry, feeling trapped in poverty? Why is it happening all now?? Are people disappointed that after all the ho-ha about electing Jacob man of the people Zuma into power, nothing much has actually changed?
* My continuos ponderance is this: What is Blade Nzimande up to nowadays? I would totally like to work for that man, just for curiosity's sake.
* Aaaand... nationalisation??
* Finally... my friends saw Vavi at the airport the other day but didn't have the guts to speak to them. Brushes with fame!
* Oh wait, one last thing... I was standing in the queue at KFC the other day and the guy in front of me hovered around and finally greeted me with something like "aight?" - now really, I am not cool enough to know what an appropriate response to that is. Anyone care to enlighten me?
I figure "aight" is "alright?" which is pretty much "how are you?" so I responded with "fine thanks, and you? Hehe, I'm such a dork, really!
**
Saturday, July 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Funny you should write about service delivery protest too. Hey, being a dork rocks, so don't knock it. The alternative is to take social skills from a gangsta rapper?
Found an interesting article over at fart leader here
Hi, enjoyed a visit here and will return for some more in the future.
With regards to service delivery protests, check out this article Here
^ That is such a good article, the Institute of Race Relations one, thanks!
"The alternative is to take social skills from a gangsta rapper"
:D
Post a Comment