A question for anyone who reads this:
I'm pretty optimistic about the future of our country, I think we've done pretty well recently. So I'm hopeful about the future. And I like being a South African. Sure we have problems, but on this earth there will always be problems. And I rather like being alive in the problem-fixing stage :)
So bottom line: I am hopeful.
But from reading friend's facebook notes and listening to people speak about SA, it seems that there are also lots of people who have almost lost hope entirely. People who are angry and afraid and feel they have no stake in the future of the country.
Which I sortof battle to get. I know Joburg is a scary world to live in, so sometimes people from there are perpetually freaked out. Which obviously takes its toll.
But outside of that?
Are you hopeful? Or not?
Any thoughts on the matter?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I am no doubt hopeful. I also know that hope with no positive action means nothing. There is enough goodwill among us to make this work. There will always be a different point of view and drama queens. By the way, I am from Jozi and as scary as it is - I choose it anyday above South London or downtown Detroit.
Generally South Africans tend to overreact; things aren't as bad as they seem. I doubt things could get any worse; will they get better? that remains to be seen.
Hmmm, interesting question. Will have to think about that and get back to you...
Post a Comment