Eish, looking at my last post now, it was soooo long. I think I might need to go back and streamline it. Otherwise I might not even be able to bring *myself* to re-read it.
So to lighten things up for today, 3 random Thursday points:
1) I picked up a guy from Polokwane(*) from the bus today. It was my first time meeting him, at the bus stop. So when I got back to my flat after dropping him off at his new house, my flat mate excitedly asked me what he was like, and "Does he look like Lungelo(*)??"
And then we had a good laugh about the ridiculousness of her question. She only asked because Lungelo is one of the few people we know from Polokwane. It was like expecting all people from Port Elizabeth / Nelspruit / Australia to look the same :)
2) If anyone remembers my post about trying to think of something to do for the Afro-jazz thing last night? Well I wracked my brains, thought of a few ideas, then ultimately decided I wasn't going to be able to pull it off. So I pulled out. Also I had a bit of a cold sore throat thing and I was quite hoarse, so it was for the best I suppose. My new flatmate did a rap and some Swahili singing. She is the cool flatmate.
3) Mystery question of the day - I have this pair of ballet-show style black pumps. Very cute, shiney, I love them. But the mysteriously *always* get stones in them when I am wearing them. The right hand one especially. How is this happening?
(*) Name and place changed to protect me in case he ever reads my blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I did my best not to read your blog in my fake american accent lest I be taken to task for it. So, does your flatmate look like Marcia?
Hmmmm... ja I suppose she does... :D
Malema, shame, the funniest thing is that it isn't even an American accent! (It's British, is it?)
Too funny.
MoA - funnily enough, I was giving people lifts last night and one of them was this guy who actually was from Polokwane. And he looked so much like, and sounded so much like, the only other guy I know from Polokwane!
Go figure!!!
Post a Comment