I was going to write a post about Gadhafi and his female bodyguards (it's true! I will blog about it tomorrow!) but I just found this most fantastic blog entry that I will share instead:
In defense of Jacob Zuma.
It is incredibly informative.
I tried earlier in the year to figure out what actually happened with the Zuma trial(s) over the years, by wading through online news articles. Which was a bit of a pain really, hacking my way through the search function on iol.co.za and mg.co.za. It was not particularly illuminating either.
But the blog post above is fantastic. And I'm only half way through reading it
:)
Friday, February 06, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
The blog is well written and makes me feel really bad for the lazy manner in which I sometimes go about verifying the facts. When you have the time, have a look at a post I wrote in January of 2008 "Ladies and Gentlemen,Mr Jacob Zuma!"
The thing with articles like that guy's one on Zuma that I linked to, is that it seems like you always have to be careful of people's agendas. So although it was a brilliant article and it put a lot into context for me... who is to say his take of events is completely true?
I suppose you just have to carry on listening and asking and trying to figure things out.
The article although well written is very selective in its analysis. Thabo Mbeki, Manto Tshabalala Msimang have also been subject to the pen of Zapiro...and it seems here that Zapiro is equated to the media.
The issue is very simple for me though. If Zuma and his supporters feel that they are victims of trial by media they should just let Zuma go to court and prove all his detractors wrong. For me that is the best way to shut up the liberal media.
Ja I agree.
Instead of trying to get evidence decreed inadmissible and so forth.
It is very unfortunate that all of this has dragged on so long - which is the fault of both sides I suppose.
(p.s. I am still going to reply to your education comment, I just didn't get that far this weekend sadly!)
Post a Comment