Oh dear, I have not posted in a *long* time!
Yesterday I was tutoring math to some kids (well, matric scholars I suppose!) from Nombulelo. Nombulelo is a school in Grahamstown. Anyway, there were six of them, two guys and four girls. Towards the end of the session we were discussing when to schedule our next meeting and I suggested next Saturday morning. One of the guys commented that Saturday afternoon was better for him, because he does chores on Saturday morning, like washing clothes. So one of the girls advised him that his family should be washing his clothes to help him out, because he is writing matric exams. He was agast: "That would be mother abuse!" "Yes," chimed in the other guy "we couldn't do that, thats mother abuse!"
My mother was washing my clothes well into my degree... even when I lived in another town and had access to a washing machine in my res!!! How embarassing - they put me to shame! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
eeeeee. my mommy used to say that. i never washed my clothes. i guess i hav 20yrs of making up to do. but do u think it has to be in the form of washing clothes? it's great that there are guys who wash clothes for their moms. my mommy would hav loved a son like that too bad she has three daughters.
That's hilarious!! I like the way you told the anecdote :) And the fact that you tutor kids! Social conscience... thats what its all about.
Post a Comment