
My poor computer Kepler is sick. His second hard-drive, my data drive (which, strangely, is hda), is on its way out. You can see him undergoing open heart surgery in the picture. And you can see the scary error messages on the screen on the left. Like "Uncorrectable Error" "Input/Output error".
I realised after the Bible School quiz last night that I really hadn't learned hard enough for Life of Faith. Its funny, but I think if I had to redo my undergrad now I would not do nearly as well. Tests and stuff just don't motivate me anymore. But it actually isn't good enough, and I need to learn properly for ENLI quizzes. And of course, work on my academic work ethic too :) Its not that I have a terrible work ethic, although its not the best at the moment, but as things change and goals change and the way you work changes, and studies become a heck of a lot more flexible, it becomes quite difficult. To motivate yourself, and to work to SERIOUSLY long term goals. Why work 9 - 5 today for a project only due in 2 years? But I must, because I enjoy it and because I want to work in a way that glorifies God, and because there are still standards, although they are less tangible now.



1 comment:
kepler will not visit jakjak in the land of the very very ill-im sure he will recover soon.
Post a Comment