Thursday, December 08, 2005

Update

I haven't blogged in a while. I expect that most of you have been following my cousin Megan's blog to see how John is doing - its much more regular and thorough than mine! There is a link on the right if you haven't been before.

John is doing well. He finished his second run of chemo today and he is okay. Bit of yuckiness, sore eyes returning, nausea, but okay.

I am going to Cape Town tomorrow, hooray. I'm getting a lift, which has its pro's and con's. Its funny, but in a way I have grown fond of the bus.

Bus pros:
  • its overnight so you don't waste a day
  • you can read
  • you can sleep, or at least doze
  • you can look at lots of different towns
  • you can ponder life, talk to God, rest - things their aren't enough of in my days
Bus cons:
  • bus smell
  • potentially dodgy people on the bus with you
  • scary toilets
  • late busses
Car pros:
  • good company
  • fun stops
  • aircon, if you have it!
  • your own timing
Car cons:
  • you can't sleep really
  • you often have to wake up horribly early

No comments: